Monday, December 12, 2005

clean eeg

I had an appt with my neurologist today, and he told me that I have completely normal EEG results. SO, either it's just a fluke, or something else is going on. He gave me a bunch of shit for not taking the Topamax, I told him I'd try it out for a couple days, but I'm still sketched about the possible side effects, after all, my career is about thinking, and if I can't think clearly, I'm gonna have a hard time working. I love my work, and I love to think, so the cure seems potentially worse than the problem, I've had (including all the maybes) perhaps 4 - 6 seizures in the 35 years I've been around, so I can expect to find out in about 5 - 7 years if the topamax is preventing my seizures or not. Seems pretty crazy to take medication for 5 years to see if it might work.

In other news, my work gave us gift certificates to the mall for X-MAS. I sold mine to a co-worker, and bought myself a Pool Cue. got myself a Viper Striker, a very nice cue at a good price, and she sold me a damaged case for it at over 50% off (small cut in the top, caused when they were opening the box).

blah blah blah etc etc.

No comments: