Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Neurology Appointment

I had a neurology appointment today, and was diagnosed with "migralepsy". He says that the terrible headaches I've had all my life are migranes and that my seizure may be related to that. He's prescribed Topamax, (I guess 20% of the people who take it can experience some side effects, but if you aren't one of the 20%, it'll work well for you) , and wants me to try it. I have to be on it for 4 weeks before I'll be allowed to drive. I'm actually kinda sketched about it, but I gotta drive, I've got a load of kids and was their main driver until the seizure, so I'll give it a shot. He does have a "plan b" as well, if the Topamax doesn't work out.


KoL is a shining point in my life. An Adventurer is me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might have something to do with checmicals in the water.

Anonymous said...

My name is Maree Sneed and i would like to show you my personal experience with Topamax.

I am 27 years old. Have been on Topamax for 3 months now. Had severe debilitating migraines at least 2x a week. Had to stay in bed. I have a 7 year old. I was missing out on everything. Now I can get out of bed and get on with my day. I am down to maybe 1 migraine a month and it is functional not crippling.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
weight loss, no appetite, severe mood swings, emotional, yucky taste to cola, thirsty, thirsty, thirsty, extreme fatique

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Maree Sneed