Monday, November 07, 2005

seizure update

so, I had my EEG, it sucked (the EEG itself was alright) I had to stay up and not drink coffee.
It was suggested to me by a friend that I may have had the seizure due to dehydration because i dont drink enough water. I looked it up. Seizures can be caused by severe dehydration. However the idea that most people are dehydrated because they dont drink water turns out to be an Urban Legend. So I'm gonna get a second opinion (if Blue Cross will pay for one, or its not too expensive). I called my neurologist office to see what the results of my EEG are, but he's in portland. the receptionist stated that he's read them, but didn't give her results, so I'm to call in a "day or two".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site seems to have alot of information that might be of use to you: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/seizures.html