Saturday, July 09, 2005

lucky rollerblader

No photos once again, but today I was parked in Grants Pass and saw a rollerblader get hit by a car. He was rolling along down the sidewalk and cut across the road at a stoplight, kind a confusing light, there are 4 light modules (one for each lane) on this one way street. What I guess he didn't notice was that only 2 of the lights were red, the ones nearest him. He swerved to avoid one oncoming car and caught the second one (doing about 35 i'd guess) on the hood with his shoulder. They came to a sliding stop and he hopped up, said something to the driver, and rolled off, none the worse for wear. It all happened so fast I couldn't get a picture of any of it.

On the road kill note, I saw 2 skunks and an unidentifiable furry red spot. I didn't make the trip to Medford today, so I'm sure I missed many photo opportunities on that route.

No comments: