Friday, July 08, 2005

No time to stop

I've been seeing many deer (one right next to the one pictured in my last post), and other animals in the past few days but have had no time to stop. My current count is 4 new deer, 2 squirrels, a (potentially, couldn't quite tell) dog, a raccoon and a snake, the latter 2 within 10 feet of each other in the middle of the road. If any of these are still there tonight, i'll probably post a picture or 2. The deer are usually gone quickly, and I believe I found out why. There are several wildlife refuges in the area, one known as Wildlife Images keeps several big cats, and other carnivores (wolves, for one). I'm told these refuges often pick up the fresher large kills to use as meat for their carinvores. Cool. I'm glad they're going to a good place. Wildlife Images is a really neat place, with all kinds of animals that are, for various reasons, unable to survive in the wilds anymore. Go there, if you haven't been.

No comments: